Life In And Out My Window...





Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Sweet Granny

I had one of those days where you have it planned with all the things you want to get done right? Didn't happen but oh well.My brother was in town and we ended up taking my 99 year old grandmother to pick out flowers for her yard. Well.....We figured we might as well plant them for her and she was tickled to death. She had her lawn chair out watched and truly enjoyed it. Mike and I are saying more and more that we are going to focus on the things that really matter...... So what difference does it really make if there are things that don't get done? .....I smiled all afternoon thinking about my granny and what joy this brought her. 


4 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

How lovely! Sweet of you to spend time with your granny, and you've unlocked the code on what is truly important in life. I applaud you :)

Primitive Stars said...

So so sweet, you are such a wonderful Granddaughter. I lost my Grandma when I was still little so you are very blessed. Love the picture of her sitting out watching, Hugs Francine.

Angela said...

You are so blessed to still have your granny around. She looks amazing. Nothing more important than the love of ones family. Glad you had a great day.
Angela

Marcia Sherman said...

That was really nice! It’s true that there’s nothing sweeter than spending some quality time with your granny. Doing simple things like picking up some flowers for them or updating them to what has happened to you lately can be enough to make them smile. Besides, it’s the moment that they are with you that they really enjoy. Thanks for sharing!

Marcia Sherman @ Comfort Keepers