Life In And Out My Window...





Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Word Around Here Is BRRRR!!!



As everyone knows it has been COLD the last few days. We feel so fortunate that we haven't lost power like some people have. Feel so bad for them and no heat...good grief...... I haven't been doing a whole lot lately. Guess I have been a "Farmhouse Diva" so to speak. Doing some cleaning, etc...It sure seems like I no more than get the house dusted then it is back. (dust that is)  I would say it is because the furnace is romping as we call it. Hey what's a little dust I say..... I even broke down and fixed a  pot of homemade stew a few days ago. Very tasty I might add. Hot, thick, and so good with Biscuits.  I hope everyone is staying warm and that this "cold snap" as they call it is over very soon..I feel so blessed to have a home with heat and food. Cold today but sunny...

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Vicki, I HATE this, you know warm I am....well not now...I have been wearing long sleeves, sweaters !!! yikes, just want to hide under a blanket all day!!!!

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Vicki, oh yes, so cold here and many places......yum, biscuits and stew sound perfect on a cold winters day, Keep Cosy, Francine.

Prims By The Water said...

Biscuits and stew sounds like a yummy meal on such a bitter cold day. Minus 1 actual for the high here in Michigan. Stay warm, Janice

bettyj said...

Well, the same scenario here. cold and dust!lol I have been blessed to keep power too. It cannot warm up too soon for me.